Stanley Fast Facts
Stanley Creek, which supposedly was named after a gold prospector who settled nearby.
Brevard Station, Stanley Creek
A Friendly Place
- Peter S. Ney, a marshal of Napoleon's who ended up a teacher in the area
- Ted Abernathy, professional baseball player
- Paul Eddleman, furniture maker
- Dr. Graham Weathers, artist, writer, musician, physician
- Herbert H. Hoover, test pilot who was first civilian to fly faster than sound.
2010 Census: 3,556
54 cents per $100 valuation
114 S. Main St., Stanley, NC 28164
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
View Larger Map
CLICK HERE FOR TOWN HALL LOCATION
Frequently Called Numbers:
Tug Deason, Director
- Mayor Andrew Quinley
- Ward 1: Bud Pate
- Ward 2: Cathy Kirkland
- Ward 3: Rob McMinn
- Ward 4: Danny Sparrow - Mayor Pro-Tem
- Ward 5: Kerry Hart
Town Council Meeting:
First Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at Town Hall
Trash pickup by Advanced Disposal
Pay water and sewer bills at Town Hall, 114 South Main St.
301 Old Mount Holly Road
Stanley Library Branch:
205 N. Peterson St.